700 Montessorians have already signed up for The Montessori Conference 2019, a one-day event to celebrate 100 years of Montessori training in the UK.
A small number of tickets are still available, and with several workshops now fully booked, we recommend to register as soon as possible.
The Montessori Conference 2019 will be held at London’s QEII Centre on Saturday, 28 September, and is organised jointly by Montessori Centre International, Maria Montessori Institute, Bournemouth Montessori Centre and The Montessori Partnership.
The day’s programme comprises a mix of engaging keynotes, workshops and networking opportunities:
The very latest scientific research findings, presented by globally recognised speakers:
- What are the long-term effects of Montessori schooling on people’s health and wellbeing? Find out from renowned Montessori expert and psychology professor Dr Angeline Lillard in her morning keynote speech.
- What’s the current state of Educational Neuroscience and how relevant is the Montessori approach? Educational Neuroscientist Professor Michael Thomas will answer both questions in his afternoon presentation.
Cutting across a diverse range of topics, from observation and literacy to technology and older adults. Get practical ideas for applying Montessori pedagogy in your own setting:
- Learning to read and write is critical to a child’s success in school and later in life. What’s the best way to teach literacy?
- How can we help parents apply Montessori at home? Find out how best to reach them in this busy world.
- How can we prepare children for the increasingly complex world of the 21st century?
- Adolescence is a time where young people start to reflect on who they are and the role they will play in society. How does Montessori address the real needs of this age?
- What role does movement play in developing executive function?
- Children’s first instinct is to carry out actions by themselves, without anyone’s help. How can we help them manage their risk taking?
- In order for us to continue thriving, we must educate today’s children towards a responsible way of life. How can we help them improve awareness towards wasted resources?
- How can technology be used to help improve children’s learning and development
Ticket holders are entitled to attend two workshops of their choice.
Hand-crafted materials, training courses, educational learning games and much more. The Market Place, sponsored by Blossom Educational, introduces some fantastic organisations and their latest products and services to help support children’s learning experience. There’s bargains to be made, too!
- Discuss your outdoor learning needs with the Forest School Learning Initiative. Get the chance to win a 20% discounted place on the organisation’s Open College Network West Midlands Training, Level 3.
- Flip through Henry & Henrietta Heartbeat, a new children’s book series that aims to educate pre-school children on kindness in a fun and easily relatable way, and get 10% off all books and merchandise.
- Bag yourself 10 single objects from language materials maker and supplier Montessori Enterprises for just £10. An exciting prize awaits the winner of a competition on the day.
- Get your hands on beautifully crafted materials for the home or school, all designed and made by Montessori Design by Nuccia.
How to join
When: Saturday, 28 September 2019, 9am – 4.30pm
Where: QEII Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3EE