Applying from outside the EU

If you are applying for one of our courses and are a non-EEA national or do not hold Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK you must hold immigration permission which allows you to study in the UK. The type of visa you require will depend on the course that you are applying to.

Below is a table to help you to check what type of Visa you may need for the different courses:

If you are unsure whether you need a visa to come to the UK please consult the UK Visas and Immigration website:

The Maria Montessori Institute is a Tier 4 Sponsor.

For up to date information about how to apply for the visas please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website:

English Language Competency for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

You must be able to demonstrate that you are competent in the English language. To do this you need to take an IELTS for UKVI English language test with an approved test provider for Tier 4 and achieve at least CEFR level B1 in all four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening).

You will find list of approved test providers on the UK Visas and Immigration website and we will also send you a copy of the document. You are exempt from this test if you are a national of a majority English speaking country.

To check whether you need to take this test, please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website: