Our shorter online courses are open to everyone including: those looking to start a career in Montessori; professionals working in Montessori, education, health and social care; parents; and anyone interested in the approach.
AMI Assistants Certificate (Orientation) Courses
The world-recognised AMI qualification offers a thorough introduction to Montessori principles and practice at specific age levels – 0-3, 3-6, 6-12 years.
- Online and part-time with live sessions and study in your own time over 3, 6 or 12 weeks
- Suitable for those new to Montessori, classroom assistants and Montessorians wanting to explore a different stage
AMI Adolescent Introductory Workshop (12-18 years)
Learn about the developmental needs of older children and young adults and the components of the Montessori adolescent programme.
- Online over 9 sessions
- Suitable for trained Montessorians interested in this stage, professionals working with adolescents and parents
Montessori in the Home
Explore the Montessori approach in the home with a focus on supporting independence and preparing the home environment at specific age levels – Preparation for Parenthood, 0-3 and 3-6 years.
- Online over 4 or 6 sessions
- Suitable for parents, grandparents, nannies, childminders, health visitors, midwives, doulas, parenting consultants
Montessori for Dementia and Ageing
Learn how Montessori’s individual-led approach and attention to preparing suitable environments can support older people and those with dementia.
- Online over 6 sessions
- Suitable for carers, family members, professionals working with older people and Montessorians
- Staff training for social care teams and residential homes available