The inspirational introduction to the Montessori approach for anyone interested in education and child development and Montessori classroom assistants. Discover how Montessori can help children reach their full potential.
- Each AMI Assistants Certificate (Orientation) course focuses on a child’s developmental stage: 0-3, 3-6, 6-12 and 12-18 years
- The courses are fully online – with live sessions plus study in your own time
- Course fee – £835
What students say:
“A course like no other . . . get ready to get more out of it than you expect.”
“Knowledgeable, passionate, friendly, adaptable trainer. Truly inspirational.”
“EVERYONE should take this course.”
“I liked how varied it was and the structure flowed well.”
“I looked forward to every lecture!”
“I now feel that I see my children, and all children, under a new light.”
Who is the course for?
- Anyone considering a career in Montessori
- Those wanting to train as an assistant in a Montessori setting
- Parents, grandparents and carers
- Professionals working with children including nannies/ childminders, teachers, early years professionals, social workers and health visitors
What will I learn?
- Montessori theory, child psychology and child development
- How to observe and support each child at their developmental stage
- Use of Montessori resources and preparation of learning environments
- How to work with the Montessori teacher
- Detailed description of the courses and units for the 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 courses.
Upcoming AMI Assistants Certificate (Orientation) Courses
0-3 years – online, part-time over 13 weeks
Saturday 15th April – Saturday 8th July 2023
One live online session held each week on Saturday mornings, 9am – 11:30am UK time plus around 3 hours of additional directed study each week
Interested in future dates? Keep me up-to-date on AMI Assistants Certificate 0-3 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
3-6 years – online, part-time over 6 weeks
Monday 17th April – Thursday 25th May 2023
Three live online sessions held each week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 6:00pm – 8:30pm (UK time) plus 4 – 6 hours of directed study per week
More information on 3-6 course content
Interested in future dates? Keep me up-to-date on AMI Assistants Certificate 3-6 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
6-12 years – online, part-time over 3 weeks
Monday 6th March – Thursday 23rd March 2023
Three live online sessions held each week on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 6.30pm – 8:45pm UK time plus up to 16 hours of directed study per week
More information on 6-12 course content
Interested in future dates? Keep me up-to-date on AMI Assistants Certificate 6-12 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
We don’t have any upcoming courses – you may be interested in our AMI Adolescent (12-18) Introductory Workshop which is coming up soon.
Keep me up-to-date on future AMI Orientation (Assistants Certificate) 12-18 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
How will I study?
- Live lectures and discussion with our experienced Montessori AMI trainers
- Demonstrations of Montessori materials and resources
- Observing children and short assignments
- Directed study in your own time including recorded lectures, videos and reading
Please note that we strongly recommend the use of a desktop computer or laptop for all live Zoom sessions.
Who can take this course?
- You must be at least 18
- Minimum of GCSE / Level 2 qualifications or equivalent
- The courses are delivered in English and involve reading and writing assignments
- We may interview applicants – via Zoom or similar
- Students from Wales could access a Welsh Government Learning Grant for this course
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone. Our online courses can be taken from anywhere in the world but will be delivered via live online sessions on Zoom so you will need to check the time in your time zone. You will need to check you can use Zoom in your country.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
- 90% course attendance
- 9 hours of observation of children via online exercises
- Three 500 word essays