The introduction to the Montessori approach for anyone interested in education and child development and Montessori classroom assistants. On this inspirational course you will discover how Montessori can help children reach their full potential.
- Each course focuses on a child’s developmental stage: 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 years
- The courses are online with live sessions plus study in your own time
- Course fees – £830 (from September 2021)
What students say:
“A course like no other . . . get ready to get more out of it than you expect.”
“Knowledgeable, passionate, friendly, adaptable trainer. Truly inspirational.”
“EVERYONE should take this course.”
“I liked how varied it was and the structure flowed well.”
“I looked forward to every lecture!”
“I now feel that I see my children, and all children, under a new light.”
Who is the course for?
- Anyone considering a career in Montessori
- Those wanting to train as an assistant in a Montessori setting
- Parents, grandparents and carers
- Professionals working with children including nannies/ childminders, teachers, early years professionals, social workers and health visitors
What will I learn?
- Montessori theory, child psychology and child development
- How to observe and support each child at their developmental stage
- Use of Montessori resources and preparation of learning environments
- How to work with the Montessori teacher
- Detailed description of the courses and units for the 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 courses.
Upcoming AMI Assistants Certificate Courses
Course fee 2021: £830 for courses from September 2021. More information on course fees.
0-3 years – online, part-time over 6 weeks
Tuesday 2nd November – Thursday 9th December 2021
Two live online sessions held each week on Tuesday and Thursday, 6.30pm –8:45pm UK time plus 6 hours of directed study per week
Interested in future dates? Keep me up-to-date on future AMI Assistants Certificate 0-3 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
3-6 years – online, part-time over 6 weeks
Monday 4th October – Thursday 18th Nov 2021 (excluding half term)
Three live online sessions held each week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 6:00pm -8:15pm UK time plus 6 hours of directed study per week
Interested in future dates? Keep me up-to-date on future AMI Assistants Certificate 3-6 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
6-12 years – online, part-time over 3 weeks
Monday 29th November – Thursday 16th December 2021
Three live online sessions held each week on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 6.30pm –8:45pm UK time plus 12 hours of directed study per week
Interested in future dates? Keep me up-to-date on future AMI Assistants Certificate 6-12 courses. We will email you when new dates are announced.
How will I study?
- Live lectures and discussion with our trainers who are experienced Montessori teachers
- Demonstrations of Montessori materials and resources
- Observing children and other short assignments (online exercises)
- Directed study in your own time including recorded lectures, videos and reading
Please note that we strongly recommend the use of a desktop computer or laptop for all live Zoom sessions.
Who can take this course?
- You must be at least 18
- Minimum of GCSE / Level 2 qualifications or equivalent
- This course is being delivered in English and involves reading and writing assignments which require students to have a good command of the English language.
- We may interview applicants – via Zoom or similar
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone. Our online courses can be taken from anywhere in the world but will be delivered via live online sessions on Zoom so you will need to check the time in your time zone. You will need to check you can use Zoom in your country.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
- 90% course attendance
- 9 hours of observation of children via online exercises
- Three 500 word essays
Discover how Montessori lets children reach their full potential with this inspirational course.