The purpose of the Assistants to Infancy 0-3 Training course is to study, in depth, Montessori pedagogy and practices along with current medical and psychological approaches to child development in the first three years of life.
The course will run for two modules across two summers from 2019 to 2020.
Module 1: Monday 8th July – Friday 6th September 2019
Module 2: Monday 6th July – Friday 28th August 2020
Enrolment for 2019 is now OPEN.
Minimum of A level or equivalent and successful interview. Relevant work experience is also taken into account. Must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
The course covers
- Montessori Pedagogy and Philosophy
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition and Hygiene
- Child Neuropsychiatry
- Development of language and movement
- Music, Art and Spiritual Development
- Child Observation
- Preparation of a developmental environment
A more detailed description of the Course and units is available here.
Award of Diploma
The diploma is awarded to students who;
- Have satisfied the 90% attendance requirements are successful in the theory and practical examinations have completed coursework to the required standard
- Have fulfilled the AMI Child Observation requirements [250 hours which are done outside of course hours]
Please complete the application form online. On completion of the online form, you will need to email the following documents to support your application:
- Two Reference Request Forms (click to download and fill in) completed, and saved as a .pdf file. Your referees must have known you either in a professional or academic capacity for at least two years.
- Copy of your highest level education certificate which must be a minimum of A Levels or equivalent, scanned and saved as a .pdf file.
- Your personal statement, which should include: Why you want to do the course; the personal and academic qualities that make you suitable for the course; any personal or academic challenges that may affect your performance on the course and your plans for the future, saved as a .pdf file.
- A Police Clearance form to work with children. For information about applying for a police clearance in your country click here.
- A Fitness to Teach Declaration of Health Form (click to download and fill in) completed, and saved as a .pdf file.
- A recent photograph, passport photo size head to shoulder, saved as a .JPG file. This will be used to produce a student ID card.
- A scanned copy of a valid ID document (Passport or Identity Card), saved as a .PDF or .JPG file.
- All documents must be in English or provide an official English translation with the scanned copy of the original document.
On receipt of your online application and payment of the application fee an interview will be scheduled.