The purpose of the Assistants to Infancy 0-3 Training course is to study, in depth, Montessori pedagogy and practices along with current medical and psychological approaches to child development in the first three years of life.
Module 1: Monday 25th July – Friday 2nd September 2016
Module 2: Monday 3rd April – Thursday 20th April 2017
Module 3: Monday 24th July – Friday 25th August 2017
Module 4: Monday 2nd April – Saturday 28th April 2018
Application for 2016 is now closed. Next course dates TBC.
Minimum of A level or equivalent and successful interview.
The course covers
- Montessori Pedagogy and Philosophy
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition and Hygiene
- Child Neuropsychiatry
- Development of language and movement
- Music, Art and Spiritual Development
- Child Observation
- Preparation of a developmental environment
A more detailed description of the Course units is available here.
Award of Diploma
The diploma is awarded to students who;
- Have satisfied the 90% attendance requirements are successful in the theory and practical examinations have completed coursework to the required standard
- Have fulfilled the AMI Child Observation requirements [250 hours which are done outside of course hours]
Please complete the application form online. You will need to support your application with a digital photograph, references, details of your education, your work experience, a supporting personal statement and the relevant medical and police clearance forms. The personal statement should include the following: Why you want to do the course; the personal and academic qualities that make you suitable for the course; any personal or academic challenges that may affect your performance on the course and your plans for the future.
On receipt of this and payment of the application fee you will be invited for an interview in person or video conference.