**SPACES FOR SEPTEMBER 2019 STILL AVAILABLE THROUGH CLEARING – Apply by 14th August**
If you are not registered on UCAS, please register with UCAS, fill in the required information, add us as a choice using the course codes below and send an email to email@example.com once you have completed the UCAS registration and paid the UCAS application fee.
If you are already registered on UCAS, simply add us as a choice using the course codes below. Once you have done this, email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us you have registered for our course. You may be required to pay an additional UCAS application.
Course Code: X110
Institution Code: E28
Campus Name: Maria Montessori Institute
Campus Code: H
This degree course is awarded by the University of East London and will qualify you to work as a Montessori teacher for children aged 3-6 years. All students will also gain the globally recognised AMI 3-6 Diploma and have the option of a third year of study to gain a BA (Hons).
UK students taking their first degree can apply for UK student loan funding for course fees and living costs.
Study for a Foundation Degree in Montessori Pedagogy (AMI 3-6) and you will gain an in-depth understanding of child development and psychology as well as how to deliver the unique Montessori approach to education.
“I came straight out of the organisation and into a job – it was fantastic!”
What can I do with this qualification?
- Teach in Montessori schools anywhere in the world
- Be counted in the UK staff to children early years ratios (by gaining the Early Years Educator qualification as part of your study)
- Set up your own Montessori school
- Choose to take an additional third year of study to gain a BA (Hons) Early Childhood with Montessori Pedagogy – all foundation degree students have automatic entry
- Go on to further study such as a Post Graduate Certificate in Education to teach in UK primary and secondary schools
- 90% of Maria Montessori Institute graduates are in job within 3 months or less
When and where can I study?
- Our degree course is run in partnership with the University of East London but all tuition is at our training centre in central London
- The course runs from September-June
- Full time course over 2 years with up to 3 days a week tuition
How will I study?
• Lectures with our trainers – experienced Montessori teachers with the advanced AMI trainer of trainers qualification
• Practice with Montessori materials in our specially equipped rooms
• Teaching practice and classroom observation at Montessori schools
• Independent reading and study
What will I learn?
• The authentic Montessori approach that meets the needs of children aged 3-6
• Montessori educational theory, child psychology and child development
• How to use and prepare Montessori resources and classrooms
• The Montessori approach to key areas of children’s learning including language, literacy and mathematics
“Montessori encourages that inspirational, joyful learning that makes children enjoy school.”
Who can take this course?
• You must be at least 18 and have 72 UCAS points – see University of East London course page for information on entry requirements and routes
• We will interview all our applicants, usually by telephone or via Skype or similar systems
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
• Our students come from all over the world
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
• 90% course attendance
• Montessori material making and practice
• Classroom practice and observation
• Written and oral examinations
What qualifications will I gain?
- Foundation Degree in Montessori Pedagogy (AMI 3-6) (Level 5 qualification worth 240 credits on the UK Qualification Framework)
- AMI 3-6 Montessori Diploma
- Early Years Educator qualification – this is fully integrated into the course and students can study for it alongside their degree
On completion of the Foundation Degree students have the option of a third year of study at the University of East London or online to gain:
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood with Montessori Pedagogy (Level 6 qualification worth 360 credits on the UK Qualification Framework)
Discover how to unlock children’s true potential with this unique degree
Read about course dates and fees. Please note UK students taking their first degree can apply for UK student loans.