The Ellie Kempley Scholarship Fund was set up by the family of Ellie, an AMI Diploma 3-6 student who sadly passed away suddenly in 2022 while training with us.
Ellie’s family are fundraising for a full scholarship place for a student or students to study the AMI Diploma 3-6 every year. The Maria Montessori Institute will match fund the first £2000 raised for each place using the charity’s reserves.
Ellie’s brother Ben Kempley said:
“Ellie was incredibly passionate about children and hugely enjoyed, and thrived in, her first year of study at the Maria Montessori Institute and was destined to be a wonderful teacher. From 2023 onwards, the Ellie Kempley Scholarship intends to cover the full tuition of a student, or students, through the course that Ellie was unable to finish. It was always her dream to educate, inspire, and care for young people. By sponsoring teachers in her honour, we can do just that.”
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
The scholarship is available for access to the one-year full-time 3-6 AMI diploma, incorporating the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. It covers the entire cost of course fee, including registration and examination fee. To be eligible students must:
- Be under 30 years of age at the start of the course (Monday 16th September 2024).
- Live and intend to work as a Montessori teacher in the UK.
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for Montessori and a commitment to following a life-long career as a Montessori teacher.
How can I apply for this scholarship?
Please follow the usual AMI Diploma 3-6 application process. The personal statement you need to submit as part of this process must evidence your suitability to be considered for the scholarship by answering the following questions:
- Describe, giving examples from your life experience, what makes you passionate about Montessori?
- Describe your experiences working with children?
- What are your short, medium and long-term plans for a career working with children using the Montessori approach?
- Why do you want to apply for the scholarship?
Deadline for applications for the 2023/24 scholarship: 31st March 2024
Interviews will take place in April/May 2024 and the scholarship will be awarded by 1st June 2024.
If you have any questions about applying for the scholarship please email us at email@example.com