Become a Montessori teacher for children aged 3-6 years with the globally recognised qualification – evolved from courses run by Maria Montessori herself. You’ll learn child development and psychology and how to deliver the unique Montessori approach. This year we are also offering the AMI Diploma 6-12 years in a blended learning format.
Watch this one minute video about training with us
What Students Say
“I couldn’t have asked for a more rewarding, fascinating, inspiring course to make me passionate about the Montessori method!”
“The trainers really made an effort to respond to all our personalities and abilities.”
“I particularly liked the commitment of the trainers to make the most of our time, aiming at nothing less than perfection.”
What can I do with this qualification?
• Teach in Montessori schools anywhere in the world – AMI Diploma holders are in high demand
• Be counted in the UK staff-to-children early years ratios (by gaining the Early Years Educator qualification as part of your study)
• Set up your own Montessori school
• Use your qualification for social work, mainstream education, your own parenting
• 90% of our graduates are in a job within 3 months or less
When and where can I study?
Our courses start every September at our training centre in central London in formats including:
• One Year Day (intensive) – 5 days a week
• Two Year Day – up to 3 days a week
• Two Year Evening – 3 evenings a week and 4 Saturdays per year
Degree route – if you don’t already have a degree, you may want to consider our degree route – you will also gain the coveted AMI Diploma 3-6 on this course and could access student loans.
Don’t miss your chance to save £2000 on course fees with our amazing Early Bird offer. Read about our course dates and fees.
“I came straight off the course and into a job – it was fantastic!”
How will I study?
• Lectures with our trainers – experienced Montessori teachers with the AMI trainer of trainers qualification
• Practice with Montessori materials in our specially equipped rooms
• Teaching practice and classroom observation at Montessori schools
• Independent reading and study
What will I learn?
• The authentic Montessori approach for children aged 3-6
• Montessori educational theory, child psychology and child development
• How to use and prepare Montessori resources and classrooms
• The Montessori approach to language, literacy and mathematics
• Professional knowledge including admin and legal issues
“Montessori encourages that inspirational, joyful learning that makes children enjoy school.”
Who can take this course?
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
- Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone
- We sponsor Student Visas for international students
- Dependents cannot be brought over on a Student Visa for our Diploma courses
- International students who need a Student Visa to study in the UK are required to pay the course fees in one instalment (Early Bird or Discounted Course Fee) before they can apply for a Visa. This is to ensure the Visa application has the best chance of success. Any course fees paid will be refunded in full if the Visa application is unsuccessful.
Read more on our page for international students.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
• 90% course attendance
• Montessori material making and practice
• Classroom practice and observation
• Written and oral examinations