Become a Montessori teacher for children aged 3-6 years with the globally recognised qualification – evolved from courses run by Maria Montessori herself. You’ll learn child development and psychology and how to deliver the unique Montessori approach.
We have plans in place in case the Coronavirus interferes with the delivery of this course in September 2020. If you have any concerns please just email us.
Watch this one minute video about training with us
What can I do with this qualification?
• Teach in Montessori schools anywhere in the world – AMI Diploma holders are in high demand
• Be counted in the UK staff-to-children early years ratios (by gaining the Early Years Educator qualification as part of your study)
• Set up your own Montessori school
• Use your qualification for social work, mainstream education, your own parenting
• 90% of our graduates are in a job within 3 months or less
When and where can I study?
Our courses are run at our training centre in central London in formats including:
• One year day – 5 days a week
• Two Year day – up to 3 days a week
• Two Year Evening – 3 evenings a week and 4 Saturdays per year
“I came straight out of the organisation and into a job – it was fantastic!”
How will I study?
• Lectures with our trainers – experienced Montessori teachers with the advanced AMI trainer of trainers qualification
• Practice with Montessori materials in our specially equipped rooms
• Teaching practice and classroom observation at Montessori schools
• Independent reading and study
What will I learn?
• The authentic Montessori approach for children aged 3-6
• Montessori educational theory, child psychology and child development
• How to use and prepare Montessori resources and classrooms
• The Montessori approach to language, literacy and mathematics
• Professional knowledge including admin and legal issues
“Montessori encourages that inspirational, joyful learning that makes children enjoy school.”
Who can take this course?
• You must be at least 18 and have ‘A’ levels or equivalent qualifications/ work experience
We will interview some students which can be done by phone or Skype or similar.
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
• Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone
• We sponsor visas for students from outside the EU
Read more on our page for international students.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
• 90% course attendance
• Montessori material making and practice
• Classroom practice and observation
• Written and oral examinations
Become the teacher you always wanted to be!