Become a Montessori teacher for children aged 3-6 years with this globally recognised qualification evolved from courses delivered by Maria Montessori herself. You’ll learn child development and psychology and how to deliver the unique Montessori approach.
What can I do with this qualification?
• Teach in Montessori schools anywhere in the world – AMI Diploma holders are in high demand
• Be counted in the UK staff to children early years ratios (by gaining the Early Years Educator qualification as part of your study)
• Set up your own Montessori school
• Use your qualification in a related field such as social work, charity work, mainstream education, your own parenting
• 90% of our graduates are in job within 3 months or less
“I came straight out of the organisation and into a job – it was fantastic!”
When and where can I study?
Our courses are run at our training centre in central London in formats including:
• Full time day – 1 year – 5 days a week
• Part time day – 2 year – up to 3 days a week
• Evening – 2 year – evenings and 4 Saturdays
• Summer holiday – 3 summers – 5 days a week in July and August
How will I study?
• Lectures with our trainers – experienced Montessori teachers with the advanced AMI trainer of trainers qualification
• Practice with Montessori materials in our specially equipped rooms
• Teaching practice and classroom observation at Montessori schools
• Independent reading and study
What will I learn?
• The authentic Montessori approach that meets the needs of children aged 3-6
• Montessori educational theory, child psychology and child development
• How to use and prepare Montessori resources and classrooms
• The Montessori approach to key areas of children’s learning including language, literacy and mathematics
• Relevant professional knowledge including administration and legal issues
“Montessori encourages that inspirational, joyful learning that makes children enjoy school.”
Who can take this course?
• You must be at least 18 and have ‘A’ levels or equivalent qualifications/ work experience
• We interview all our applicants, usually by telephone or via Skype or similar systems
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
• Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone
• We sponsor visas for students from outside the EU
Read more on our page for international students.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
• 90% course attendance
• Montessori material making and practice
• Classroom practice and observation
• Written and oral examinations
Become the teacher you always wanted to be!