Become a Montessori teacher for children aged 3-6 years with the globally recognised qualification – evolved from courses run by Maria Montessori herself. You’ll learn child development and psychology and how to deliver the unique Montessori approach.
Watch this one minute video about training with us
What can I do with this qualification?
• Teach in Montessori schools anywhere in the world – AMI Diploma holders are in high demand
• Be counted in the UK staff-to-children early years ratios (by gaining the Early Years Educator qualification as part of your study)
• Set up your own Montessori school
• Use your qualification for social work, mainstream education, your own parenting
• 90% of our graduates are in job within 3 months or less
When and where can I study?
Our courses are run at our training centre in central London in formats including:
• Full time day – 1 year – 5 days a week
• Part time day – 2 year – up to 3 days a week
• Evening – 2 year – evenings and 4 Saturdays
• Summer holiday – 3 summers – 5 days a week in July and August
Read about our course dates and fees or apply now.
“I came straight out of the organisation and into a job – it was fantastic!”
How will I study?
• Lectures with our trainers – experienced Montessori teachers with the advanced AMI trainer of trainers qualification
• Practice with Montessori materials in our specially equipped rooms
• Teaching practice and classroom observation at Montessori schools
• Independent reading and study
What will I learn?
• The authentic Montessori approach for children aged 3-6
• Montessori educational theory, child psychology and child development
• How to use and prepare Montessori resources and classrooms
• The Montessori approach to language, literacy and mathematics
• Professional knowledge including admin and legal issues
“Montessori encourages that inspirational, joyful learning that makes children enjoy school.”
Who can take this course?
• You must be at least 18 and have ‘A’ levels or equivalent qualifications/ work experience
• We interview all applicants, usually by phone or via Skype or similar
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
• Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone
• We sponsor visas for students from outside the EU
Read more on our page for international students.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
• 90% course attendance
• Montessori material making and practice
• Classroom practice and observation
• Written and oral examinations
Become the teacher you always wanted to be!