Our shorter online courses are open to everyone including: those looking to start a career in Montessori; professionals working in Montessori, education, health and social care; parents; and anyone interested in the approach.
AMI Orientation (formerly Assistants Certificate) Courses
The world-recognised AMI qualification offers a thorough introduction to Montessori principles and practice at specific age levels – 0-3, 3-6, 6-12 and 12-18 years.
- Online and part-time with live sessions and study in your own time over 3, 6 or 12 weeks
- Suitable for those new to Montessori, classroom assistants and Montessorians wanting to explore a different stage
Montessori and Children’s Emotional Well-being – for Parents
One of the biggest challenges facing parents today is supporting the emotional resilience of their children. This short online course with Sarah Emerson brings together the Montessori approach and contemporary understanding of emotional development to help parents support children’s emotional well-being.
- Online over four sessions on Saturday mornings
- Specifically for parents of children aged under six years
AMI Assistants Adjunct
This course is an adjunct to the AMI Orientation and provides an opportunity to practice as a Montessori assistant and gain AMI certification. It will support those planning to work as a Montessori assistant to be successful in their role.
- Online over 4 sessions plus 12 hours practical experience assessed by an AMI trained teacher
- Open to AMI Orientation graduates at the relevant age level
Montessori for Dementia, Disability and Ageing
Learn how Montessori’s individual-led approach and attention to preparing suitable environments can support older people and those with disabilities or dementia.
- Online over 6 sessions or 2 day in-person course
- Suitable for carers, family members, professionals working with older people and those with disabilities and Montessorians
- Staff training for social care teams and residential homes available
Early Years Educator
The Early Years Educator or EYE qualification (RQF Level 3) is widely recognised and will enable you to be counted as a qualified member of staff in UK early years settings so is a great way to enhance your career prospects.
- Online and self-paced
- This course is available only to AMI Diploma graduates (irrespective of where they studied)
AMI Adolescent Introductory Workshop (12-18 years)
Learn about the developmental needs of older children and young adults and the components of the Montessori adolescent programme.
- Online over 9 sessions
- Suitable for trained Montessorians interested in this stage, professionals working with adolescents and parents
Contact Our Courses Team: