International Students

Our online courses are joined by students from all over the world and our in-person courses at our training centre in the heart of central London are also attended by many international students. Our students enjoy training in this global city and making connections with people from many different countries; as one student expressed it: ‘We are the UN’. (School Inspection Service Report 2019)

Do I need a visa?

Our online courses do not require a visa.

Our in-person courses are open to UK nationals and non-UK nationals with the appropriate visa or immigration permission for studying full-time in the UK. Please note that dependents cannot be brought over on a Student Visa for our Diploma courses.

If you are unsure whether you need a visa please consult the UK Visas and Immigration website:

Which visa do I need?

The table below lists what type of visa non-UK nationals need for our in-person courses.

For up to date information about how to apply for the visas please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website:

What if English isn’t my first language?

You need a good level of English to succeed on our courses. All applicants need to demonstrate their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English. If the highest qualification you hold was not studied in English, you may need to provide an English language qualification/test even if you do not require a student visa.

English Language Requirements for a Student Visa
You will need to do the IELTS for UKVI Academic English language test (or equivalent) with an approved SELT test provider for a Student Visa and achieve at least CEFR level B1 in all four components (reading, writing, speaking, and listening). You will find list of approved test providers on the UK Visas and Immigration website.

You are exempt from this test if you are a national of a majority English speaking country, or have completed a degree-level course of study in an English speaking country. To check whether you need to take this test, please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website:

Do I need additional finance as an international student?

The course fees are the same for all students and can be found on our Training Dates & Fees page.

Additional Finance Requirements for Student Visas

In order to be issued a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to apply for the Student Visa you will be required to pay a minimum of 60% of course fees which will be refunded if your visa is refused.

For some countries you will need to provide a bank statement evidencing funds required as set out by UKVI as part of the Student Visa application. However, you do not need evidence of funds if you a British national overseas or from many countries including Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Finland, Ireland, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Romania among others. For the full list of these countries visit the UKVI website.

Any other questions?

If you have any questions about applying for a course as an international student please email us at