The introduction to the Montessori approach for anyone interested in education and child development. On this inspirational course you will discover how Montessori can help children reach their full potential.
- We regularly offer a variety of study formats e.g. 2 weeks (Mon-Fri), 4 weekends or afternoons for a month
- Each course focuses on a developmental stage identified by Maria Montessori: 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 years
- These courses are also the globally recognised qualification for Montessori classroom assistants
- Our AMI Assistants Certificate 3-6 courses starting in April and June 2020 will be online courses
Who is the course for?
- Anyone considering a career in Montessori
- Those wanting to qualify as an assistant in a Montessori setting
- Parents, grandparents and carers
- Professionals working with children including nannies/ childminders, teachers, early years professionals, social workers and health visitors
What will I learn?
- Montessori theory, child psychology and child development
- How to observe and support each child at their developmental stage
- Use of Montessori resources and preparation of learning environments
- How to work with the Montessori teacher
- Detailed description of the courses and units for the 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 courses.
Upcoming AMI Assistants Certificate Courses:
3-6 years – ONLINE COURSE – afternoons
Thursday 23rd April – Friday 22nd May 2020
Monday to Friday, 2pm – 5:00pm
3-6 years – ONLINE COURSE – evenings and two Saturdays
Thursday 18th June – Thursday 16th July 2020 and Saturday 27th June and Saturday 11th July 2020
Monday – Thursday, 6pm – 9pm; two Saturdays 9:30am – 4:30pm
6-12 years – two weeks in September 2020 with AMI trainer Alison Awes
Each day 9am-4pm at our training centre in London
Wednesday 2nd – Saturday 5th September and Monday 7th to Saturday 12th September 2020
Course fees 2019-2020: £825. More information on course fees.
How will I study?
- Lectures and discussion with our trainers who are experienced Montessori teachers
- Demonstrations of Montessori materials and resources
- Observing children (this can be done face-to-face, in our online courses this will be done via online exercises)
- Independent reading and study
- Our AMI Assistants Certificate 3-6 courses starting in April and June 2020 will be online courses – if you have questions about how the course will be delivered online please join us for an online tutor Q+A about these courses on Monday 30th March at 2:30pm UK time (BST)
Who can take this course?
- You must be at least 18
- We may interview applicants. This is usually done by phone or via Skype or similar
Do you accept students from outside the UK?
Our students come from all over the world and our fees are the same for everyone.
Read more on our page for international students.
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
- 90% course attendance
- 9 hours of observation of children/ completion of online observation exercises
- Three 500 word essays
Discover how Montessori lets children reach their full potential with this inspirational course.