This course is a scientific observation of children using techniques developed by Maria Montessori. Through discussion and practice, students gain a deeper understanding of the Montessori approach and how it is applied in the Children’s House.
The course runs Friday afternoons, 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Overview of the Course
- Sessions will use data collected from direct classroom observations, which will be interpreted and analysed for use in responding to the child’s developmental needs
- Students will apply the information gained from this scientific data with the children and observe the outcome
- Observations will be used as a basis to explore Montessori theory and reflect on how it may be put into practice
- Observations may only take place in approved AMI Children’s Houses.
Award of MMI Diploma Certificate
The certificate is awarded to students who have satisfied the course requirements:
- Final submission of 2 case studies
- Satisfaction of the 90% Attendance requirement.
Entry requirement: AMI 3-6 Montessori Diploma
Students must be working in a Children’s House run by a teacher with an AMI Diploma.
Applications for 2018 are now closed. Dates for 2019 -2020 tBC