The Early Years Educator [EYE] qualification is fully integrated into the AMI Diploma Course, all students will study for this alongside the AMI Diploma. The EYE qualification entitles the holder to be included in the ratios of staff to children for delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage [EYFS] in an Early Years setting in the UK.
The purpose of the AMI 3-6 course is to study, in depth, Montessori pedagogy and practices for the child between 3 and 6 years of age.
This course runs in the following formats:
- One Year Full Time Academic Year (Starts 15th September 2017)
- Two Year Full Time Academic Year (Starts 15th September 2017)
- Two Year Part-time Evening Academic Year (Starts 15th September 2017) – two evenings per week and a couple of Saturdays per month during term time
Application is now open for 2017
Minimum of A levels or equivalent and successful interview.
The AMI course covers:
- Montessori Child Psychology and Child Development
- Montessori Educational Theory and Practice to include the role of the Montessori teacher and the preparation of the Montessori environment
- Observation and Teaching practice in schools run by AMI trained Montessori teachers
A more detailed description of the Course units is available here.
Award of Diploma
The diploma is awarded to students who:
- Have satisfied the 90% attendance requirements
- Are successful in the theory and practical examinations and have completed coursework to the required standard
- Have fulfilled the AMI Observation and Teaching Practice requirements
Please complete the application form online. You will need to support your application with a digital photograph, references, details of your education, your work experience, a supporting personal statement and the relevant medical and police clearance forms. The personal statement should include the following: Why you want to do the course; the personal and academic qualities that make you suitable for the course; any personal or academic challenges that may affect your performance on the course and your plans for the future.
On receipt of this and payment of the application fee you will be invited for an interview in person, by telephone or by video conference.