The Early Years Educator [EYE] qualification is fully integrated into the AMI Diploma Course, all students will study for this alongside the AMI Diploma. The EYE qualification entitles the holder to be included in the ratios of staff to children for delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage [EYFS] in an Early Years setting in the UK.
The purpose of the AMI 3-6 course is to study, in depth, Montessori pedagogy and practices for the child between 3 and 6 years of age.
This course runs in the following formats:
- One Year, Daytime
- Two Year, Daytime
- Two Year, Evening
Enrolment for September 2018 is now closed.
Minimum of A levels or equivalent and successful interview. Relevant work experience is also taken into account. Must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
The AMI course covers:
- Montessori Child Psychology and Child Development.
- Montessori Educational Theory and Practice to include the role of the Montessori teacher and the preparation of the Montessori environment.
- Observation and Teaching practice in schools run by AMI trained Montessori teachers. For the full time diploma course this will be scheduled into the timetable. For part time evening course students, please note you will need to be free during the day time to complete 8 weeks practice over the 2 years of the course.
A more detailed description of the Course and units is available here.
Award of Diploma
The diploma is awarded to students who:
- Have satisfied the 90% attendance requirements
- Are successful in the theory and practical examinations and have completed coursework to the required standard
- Have fulfilled the AMI Observation and Teaching Practice requirements
Award of the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification will be made to those who have:
- successfully completed all the assignments for this qualification
- have fulfilled the Observation and Teaching Practice requirements of the Reflective Practitioner module
Please complete the application form online. You will need to support your application with the following documents:
- Two Reference Request Forms (click to download and fill in) completed, and saved as a .pdf attachment to your application. Your referees must have known you either in a professional or academic capacity for at least two years.
- Copy of your highest level education certificate which must be a minimum of A Levels or equivalent, scanned and saved as a .pdf attachment to your application
- Your personal statement, which should include: Why you want to do the course; the personal and academic qualities that make you suitable for the course; any personal or academic challenges that may affect your performance on the course and your plans for the future, as a .pdf file attached as a separate document.
- A Police Clearance form to work with children. For information about applying for a police clearance in your country click here.
- A Fitness to Teach Declaration of Health Form(click to download and fill in) completed, and saved as a .pdf attachment to your application.
- All documents attached to your application must be in English or provide an official English translation with the scanned copy of the original document.
On receipt of your online application and payment of the application fee an interview will be scheduled.